Sex Myth #6: If Sex Is Painful, You Should Just Push Through It
Myth #6 If sex is painful, you should just push through it!
Topic: Female Sexual Pain
Part 1 of 3:
This myth is coming to you in three parts!
In the first video, I cover:
• The definition of female sexual pain.
• Overview of some of the anatomical/biological origins
• Common symptoms
• Overview of some potential causes
In the second video, I cover:
• Seeking medical and mental health treatment
• Tracking symptoms (pain diary)
• Some recommended treatments
Resources sited and other helpful information:
Book: When Sex Hurts by Goldstein, Goldstein, and Pukall
The International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH) www.isswsh.org
The Institute for Sexual Medicine https://sexualmed.org
The International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disorders (ISSVD)
In the third video, I cover:
• Sexuality and intimacy are more than just intercourse
• Pain after birth
• Frequently asked questions
*Disclaimer #1 – These video contains information that some may consider explicit, not suitable for the workplace or better saved for when not around sensitive company.
**Disclaimer #2 – Due to the information in the Sex Myths Series being targeted toward a general audience, much if the information is generalized and attempts to take down myths that are over-generalized to begin with. Sexuality is experienced so differently from person to person and it is my hope to address a range of sexuality myths throughout the year, that most people will be able to relate from time to time.